Thursday, March 5, 2015

Now what

Uh, so, I am having a bit of post-race depression, guys (she says to the empty internet room). This is not surprising, as there is a sudden void in my life left by the training & obsession. Right now I'm filling that void with junk food but that's getting old and I'm starting to feel sluggish, so what's next up for ol' Katie? (A SALAD FOR SLUGGO, FIRST OFF, THAT'S ENOUGH NUGGETS N FRIES NOW)

Well, job #1 is to make myself rest and recover properly so I don't burn all the way out. I've just been doing some easy jogging, maxing out at 5 miles so far. I plan to make myself stick to that for at least a full week post-marathon....although I may have to get out on the old Saguaro loop this weekend. I promise to take it real easy if I do.

I actually have a pretty full spring schedule of races planned, all pretty short ones (THANK THE HEAVENS). First up on March 15th is Dave's Run for ALS, a 5k in Marana north of Tucson that looks to be on a fast-ish course. On that same day is one of my favorite Tucson races, the Green Isle Mile that starts off the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown. If I'm feeling extra fly I might try to jump in that race after the 5k, the timing works out to a few-hours break and that could be fun.

Nothing else planned for the rest of March, then in April-May there are quite a few races. I think I'll finally try to work strength and core exercises in to my training about 3x a week.....after looking at the Hunchy McSlumperson pictures of me running at the end of the Phoenix Marathon, I think it'd do me good.


No comments:

Post a Comment