Monday, January 26, 2015

Training 01/19/2015-01/25/2015

Monday -- 8 miles at 7:42 average pace. Ventured back towards maybe-mountain-lion territory, it was fine. I did too much Googling about mountain lion attacks though so now I'm scared of running in the dark. All "don't run it'll activate their pouncing instinct" "they go straight for the jugular" etc.

Tuesday -- 11.6 miles at 7:19 average pace. WOG workout was 3x12 minutes with 2 minutes of jogging rest, each 12 minutes was supposed to be 4 minutes at MP, 4 minutes at MP-10sec, 4 minutes at MP-20sec. The goal was 6:50-6:40-6:30, who knows what reality was. Something in the range of that or a little faster, it was too hard to figure out the real paces. Felt pretty good.

Wednesday -- 8.4 miles at 7:41 pace. This run had a lot of uphill in the first half, which I inexplicably ran faster than the downhill portions? I don't know.

Thursday -- 13 miles at 7:33 pace. WOG workout was however many miles with 12 x 1 min hard, 1 min easy in there. 

Friday -- 8.1 miles at 7:56 pace. Saguaro NP loop, and I tried to take it a bit easy because of the long run coming up Saturday morning.

Saturday -- 20.4 miles at 7:22 average pace. In order to do some downhill running in anticipation of the Phoenix marathon course, I did a point-to-point with a running buddy. It's hard to find a 20-mile stretch of downhill, so this had some pretty significant uphills as well. Maybe 14 miles of this were downhill? Tried to do the last 4 or so at marathon pace, it really wasn't so bad. Last 4 miles were 7:03, 6:43, 6:47, 6:39.

Sunday -- 6.9 miles total. I ran the Sunrise at Old Tucson trail race today....awhile back a bunch of races went on sale and I signed up for them regardless of how they fit into the training schedule. This race is a ~4-mile cross-country style race and my plan was to run pretty easy, as it was rocky and twisty and turny and my legs were painful jello after Saturday. I was happy with my finish, 3rd place overall in an average of 7:00 pace. Sounds cool until I compare the pace to the last 4 of the long run yesterday...


Total -- 76.4 miles, 7:35 average pace. Somehow this week felt way better than the previous week with only 3.5 fewer miles. It's almost as if the body adapts to training or something. Now it's time for a down week and I am super ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment